Cathedral Window Cushion
I found it easier to start on the outside edge then work my way in. I planned it out so I only had to lift the needle up every other row (something like that, I know I didn’t have to do it every time).
Almost there! Centers just need to be done.
I tried my best to get the points to match up, I’m sure pins would have helped immensely. I posted before about my hatred for pins though. I use them as little as possible.
As you can see above, the underside is already finished and quilted. That’s the great thing about this pattern–if I wanted to make a quilt, I wouldn’t have to add a backing! I’d just shove batting underneath the colored fabric pieces and throw on a binding.
This cushion was pretty easy–from start to finish it took me about 4-5 hours? Cutting and ironing took more than half of that time.
I’m so so happy with it :) At first I was going to sell the cushion but I fell in love with it before it was even finished. I considered giving it to my almost-frenchie (haven’t picked her up yet!) so it would still be under the same roof, but as I was stuffing it a wave of selfishness hit me. I don’t know where I’m going to put it, but it’s mine. Mine mine mine.
Also, a quick update on Maggie–It was a “fox tail” that got stuck in her foot so today she is going in for surgery. Apparently it’s fairly common, the vet said he gets at least one of these cases a week. Not that I wish Stinky would get injured or sick, but it’s always Maggie that has something wrong with her :(