Knitting Needle Case
I never liked the case my KP options came in. It was big, plastic, ugly, and had too many unnecessary compartments. I knew I needed to make myself one but put it off because it was too overwhelming. Give me complete freedom (or too many options) and I’ll just shut down.
So I kept the needles attached to the cardboard they came with, sliding them out of the elastic loops as I needed them. When multiple pairs were in use, the elastic turned loose and the remaining needles slipped, fell out, and mixed themselves up. HORRIBLE since the needles are unmarked and I don’t have an accurate needle size finder thingy. (I knit a sweater on circs with two different needle sizes!!!)
I FINALLY decided last night to just make myself a case. But I had a few requirements.
-Needles need to be somewhat snug in their pockets (all pockets couldn’t be the same size).
-No extra slots.
-The cords have to fit without being squished.
-Cords and needles have to be kept together, not separately.
After a few prototypes and a bajillion sketches, I finally figured out an arrangement that worked FOR ME.
I present to you, my KP options needle case.
I’m sure in a day or two I’ll find a problem with it.